- Solar Energy
- Green Energy Solutions
- Financing & Incentives
- Giving Back To Our Planet
In the past, the upfront cost of green home upgrades prevented many California homeowners from completing projects that cut energy costs while improving home comfort and helping to save the environment. The HERO (Home Energy Renovation Opportunity) financing program was created to make it easier and more cost-effective for California homeowners to make these valuable energy and water-saving improvements.
What is HERO Financing?
This program partners with local governments to make money-saving home improvements affordable. HERO is a PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) financing program. Only HERO-registered contractors like SolReliable are eligible to complete the energy-saving upgrades. In fact, before we get paid, you need to confirm that the work was completed to your satisfaction.
If you want to install a solar energy system or make your home more energy efficient with SolReliable, the HERO financing program makes it happen by removing the upfront cost of your project. Many of our green energy solutions projects qualify for this financing opportunity when energy efficient products are selected.
Benefits HERO Financing
- Has payback terms of up to 25 years
- Funds the entire project cost, including labor
- Will not impact your credit score
- Interest may be tax deductible
- Account balances can be transferred to the new owner if you sell your home
- Low, fixed rates
- Allows you to borrow up to 15% of your property value
How Does the HERO Program Work?
Follow these easy steps to complete your green home improvement project with HERO:
- Complete the easy application
- Choose financing terms and sign the document
- Contact SolReliable, a HERO financing registered contractor, to complete your energy-saving improvements
- HERO pays SolReliable directly for your green home upgrades
- You pay back the cost of the upgrade annually on your property tax bill
SolReliable's whole home and whole business solutions are often cash-positive in the first year because of the significant utility bill savings that our energy efficient products ensure, particularly when combined with rebates and the 30% federal tax deductions for solar installations. We work with you to customize an energy-saving package with the highest utility savings and return on investment possible for your home. HERO financing makes these upgrades even more affordable with as little as no money down.